1. How old were you the first time you went camping?
I was 7 and we camped in a pop up at the world fair.
2. What did you want to be when you grew up?
A motocross racer.
3. Do you wish we did more with the bikes?
No. Riding them is the fun part, and I still do that.
4. In your opinion what is the best layout you've seen for a camper? The 24 foot rear living room. It's small enough that it can be easily towed, but still roomy enough to live in. A lot of counter and cabinet space. Full bathroom and separate bed room with a walk around bed.
5. What's your favorite part of camping?
Having a place to escape with no cares.
6. What's the best change you've seen in the campers over the years? They are lighter which means easier to haul, without sacrificing the structure. *For our brands, you'd have to check the construction of other brands.
7. What do you miss about the older campers?
Nothing, they've come a long way and have done a great job!
8. Will you still camp after you retire?
Yes, I'll always camp.
9. What's the most common misconception of camping?
That a dealer doesn't have to do any pre-delivery work to the camper. A camper is made by humans on an assembly line, there is always humor error with man made things, there are flaws. That's why we do a full inspection of every camper sold to ensure everything is in good working condition. If something is not working properly, we can fix it before you even haul it off the lot. We also do regular maintenance work on our units. For example, we check roofs every spring and fall, if you purchase a leftover unit, it's been checked and has been maintained while it's been on our lot. We put all the slides in for the winter.
10. What's the biggest thing to look for when looking to purchase a new camper?
Look past the flash at the construction and how it is built. Are the walls on top of the floors or beside them? Is there a Styrofoam floor or roof (refuse to sell anything with styrofoam, it will not hold up and we believe you deserve better), How many studs and where? Wood or aluminum structure? Make sure you have windows in the doors, if they are skimping on the little things that you can see, what else are they skimping on that you can't see?